The purpose of this project was to promote awareness among the Kyrgyz population and to strengthen rural household’s ability to survive the autumn and winter 2014/2015 with
a) minimum economic losses;
b) maintaining high living standards;
c)efficient management of water and energy resources for agricultural production.
Unison’s contribution included:
- Brochure "Kyshka dayardanuunun zhөnөkөyzholdoru" with practical advice and recommendations tailored to local circumstances;
- Training of Trainers (TOT)
- Public lectures
- Training on making thermos ‘tuyunchok’
- Training for the production of candle heaters
- Monitoring of the demonstration of insulation
• 23,753 copies of the booklet "Simple ways to get prepared for the winter"
• 16 trained experts from all regions of Kyrgyzstan (except for the Batken region) to conduct public lectures and counseling on 4 themes - warming, the economy, human health, animal husbandry;
• 2 insulated houses in the villages Chon-Kyzyl-Suu and Zholgolot in Issyk-Kul oblast;
• 1 insulated animal farm in Chon-Kyzyl-Suu village, Issyk-Kul oblast,
• 20 citizens in Chon-Kyzyl-Suu village, Issyk-Kul region directly involved in the process of warming the house and outbuildings,
• 13,369 participants directly involved in the events throughout Kyrgyzstan
• More than 40,000 citizens informed through the media
• covered 408 settlements
• 1 information-analytical report "The standard of living in Kyrgyzstan and energy crisis in winter 2014/2015 year" in Russian,
• 5 individual seamstresses trained in sewing and production of devices for keeping warm,
• Made 100 Thermos-tuyunchok, including 20 pcs. transferred to the NGO "Onor-Bulagy" (a member of the Climate Network of Kyrgyzstan) as initial capital.
• Made 102 candle heater